What to expect when you visit Salon Tru
As Salon Tru once again begins to open our doors, we want to assure you that we are taking the health and safety of our clients, and our staff very seriously. Please read the below overview of how to prepare yourself and what you can expect when you return to Salon Tru for your appointment. Please note, that due to the limited number of appointments that we can take, every client must adhere to these regulations. If these regulations are not followed, we will be forced to cancel your appointment and charge the full cost of the service to compensate the stylists’ time. Our staff has not worked since March 16th, and will be only able to work 50% of their normal schedule, meaning 50% less income. Let’s all do our best to ensure they can begin to provide for themselves and their families again.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- For non-chemical clients, shampoos cannot be offered at this time. Please wash and dry your hair within 2 hours of your appointment time.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for your first appointment back in the salon as the check in process will take a bit longer. If you arrive late, that time must be deducted from your service.
- All clients, employees, and stylists will be required to wear a mask while at the salon. Your stylist may also be wearing eye protection for further safety precautions.
- Please come to your appointment alone. No extra guests or children will be allowed to wait in the salon. Please let us know in advance if you require a caretaker to be with you.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE at THE SALON
- You will be asked by a salon staff member to sanitize your hands and have your temperature taken using a no-touch digital thermometer. You will also be asked to sign a liability waiver prior to your service.
- Upon arriving at the salon, we will check you in and ask that you wait outside until your stylist is ready to see you. There will not be a waiting area.
- We will continue to practice social distancing of six feet in the salon (except between you and your stylist during your service).
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- All stylists, employees, and guests will be required to wear a mask while in the salon and to wash/sanitize hands before your appointment.
- All staff will be following strict sanitation and disinfecting procedures all day long. These procedures include, but are not limited to, frequent hand washing, disinfecting chairs, stations, and tools, disinfecting door handles and knobs, restrooms, and all high touch areas at least twice an hour. Capes, smocks and all linens will be cleaned and sanitized between each client.
- We ask that you keep your personal items to a minimum, just your phone and wallet, and we may ask you to disinfect anything that is sitting out. Please no large purses, briefcases or suitcases.
- Please avoid hugging, handshaking and anything other than the required contact to provide your service must be avoided at this time.
- No blow drys, magazines or refreshments will be offered at this time. You can bring a closed bottle to drink, however, no food is permitted in the salon.
- During your process time, book your next appointment directly with the stylist to reduce the amount of people at the front desk.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- The front desk will not accept any cash. Debit or credit cards only. Change will not be available.
- To reduce potential spread, please don’t touch the products on the shelves. Ask for assistance, we are happy to help.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- We will be operating at 50% capacity, ensuring over 6’ between stations.
- Each stylist will only have one client at a time, there will be no “double-booking” allowed.
- Clients will be taken by appointment only, no walk-ins, no drop-in bang trims, no exceptions.
- We have been Barbicide Certified to ensure proper sanitization procedures. Disinfecting all non-porous surfaces with Barbicide means that most microbial life that can lead to infection in humans-such as Influenza, Staphylococcus, HIV/AIDS, Herpes, Salmonella, Hepatitis and Covid-19 are killed.
If you have an underlying health condition, or have traveled internationally, we ask that you wait at least 14 days to return to the salon. In addition, if you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 14 days to reschedule your appointment.
I want to personally thank you very much for your kindness and support during this difficult time. I know that many of these new safety and sanitation measures can be an inconvenience, we all feel it, but nothing is more important than each other’s health and safety. As we reunite with our coworkers, friends, clients and stylists, so we can all look good again, lets remember, we’re here to protect you and make you feel AND LOOK good! So, please, let’s protect each other.
We look forward to seeing you again at Salon Tru Santa Monica!